Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quezon!

Hey guys!
We are officially in Quezon. To be more specific, we are in Lucena, in the province of Quezon. We left Camarinas Norte about 8:30 this morning, and arrived in Lucena at about 4. It was a long drive, in our jeeps with no windows. The drive really felt long when the rain came in through the sides and got us wet :) I'm convinced the roads in the Philippines are a deal between the country and chiropractors - The government saves money by not paving the roads, and the chiropractors make money because so many people have to come see them after traveling in the Philippines! Some of the roads are paved, but the ones that aren't really do a number on your body. Most of us are really bruised from bouncing around the jeepneys.

I didn't do too much interesting today, so this is a short post. Tomorrow we are going to the markets for the day, and I've already found that almost everything here is RIDICULOUSLY cheap. Movies here are only about 30 pesos, which is less than 1 dollar American. Clothes are insanely cheap, and pretty much everything else is too. I'm excited to go to the market and see what I can find!!

Hope you are all doing well, and I can't wait to share more stories as they happen!

Hannah

P.S. If you want to see a lot of pictures, I uploaded an album to my facebook.

1 comment:

  1. PTL, this ride was less eventful than the other! Praying for you girl. These are some amazing experiences you're posting... life changing!
    Kim Lesh

    ReplyDelete