Sunday, July 10, 2011

Not The End...Just The Beginning

So I'm sitting on my bed, in my room, in Quakertown, and I am feeling a little sad. The trip is over, and it really seemed to fly by. I feel like I blinked, and it was finished. God truly worked in amazing ways, not just in the Filipino people, but also in my own heart. I learned so many things that I never expected to learn! But I guess God doesn't always work just in the ways we expect Him to :)

Coming home to friends and family has been awesome, I feel very loved/prayed for and everything. I'm still split between the "glad to be home" feeling and the really sad/letdown feeling!

I'll send out a summary of the trip with some pictures to everyone in the next couple of days, but I just wanted to let everyone know I was home safely, and to thank each and every one of you who supported me, prayed for me, it meant the world to me!

I know this isn't the end. The trip doesn't just end when you get home, you still have the amazing "high" that you had when you were there. The question is, how is God going to use that high? I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head, we'll see what God does. I've never been so excited to see His plans, and to feel like even though one trip is ending, another VERY important one is just beginning.

1 comment: